Note: In order to complete this mod you must be able to solder.
- 6P6C Cable (Phone cable with 6 pins/conductors loaded)
- Wire strippers
- Soldering Iron
- Screwdrivers (Phillips, Flat Head)
1. Unscrew all of the screws on the side of the gun and carefully pry open the two plastic halves. Be careful not to break the mating pins between the two sides. You may need to use a flat head screwdriver to help pry the two parts. Be careful not to lose the lens, it is critical and hard to replace.
2. Desolder the conductors to the controller PCB and remove the controller PCB and the black cable.
3. Assemble 6P6C cable, or save yourself some trouble and buy one already assembled. If the colours of your cable do not match mine, and they probably won’t, ignore the colour coding and just make sure that the correct pins are connected to each other.
4. Solder the wires as follows. Note that the pin numbers were assigned arbitrarily. Look at the photos for clarification.
5. Screw the gun back together. Plug the 6P6C connector into the Player 1 gun and enjoy.
6. (Optional) Cover the opening on the butt of the player 2 gun by gluing a small scrap piece of plastic into place. Alternatively, if you have access to a 3D printer, here is the model for a small cap that is easily installed and removed.
Download: STL File